- Is my surgery being cancelled?
Spring View Hospital has resumed all elective/non-elective surgeries.
Pre-operative and pre-procedure COVID-19 testing will be at the discretion of the ordering physician or surgeon. If you are undergoing an outpatient procedure, your provider may place the order for the test, and if so, the hospital will reach out with instructions for scheduling.
- Can I still make an appointment with my doctor? Is telemedicine an available option?
Yes, all providers within the Spring View Physician Practices group are still accepting in-office appointments.
Many of these practices are also now offering telemedicine visits. Patients who are concerned they may be experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 may also use these telemedicine appointments to help further reduce the spread of respiratory illness. Two types of telehealth visits are available: telephonic and televideo. A telephonic visit is simply a phone call with your provider and a televideo visit is a face-to-face visit through video with you provider using a video conferencing tool.
- To request this type of appointment, simply call your provider’s office, just as you would for an in-person visit.
- You will be given an appointment time and instructions for the best way to connect on your computer or phone.
- At your scheduled time, instead of coming to the office, you will call back or log in and be “checked in” by a nurse or office manager. Then you'll be transferred to your physician for the call or two-way video.