Mental health plays an essential role in the overall well-being of seniors. At Spring View Hospital, we provide both therapy and medication management for senior adults battling mental health conditions. Whether a loved one is experiencing increased anxiety and depression that interferes with their ability to function at their best, or suffering from behavioral issues resulting from dementia, we can offer a compassionate treatment plan for adults 55 and older that's customized to their unique needs, to help give them and you a better quality of life. With proper care, your senior loved ones can get back to leading the healthy, productive life they deserve.
If you would like more information about our secure program or if you or someone you know needs care, call 270.692.5210.
What We Provide
At Spring View, our behavioral health services include:
- Expert staff, including a psychiatrist, social worker and medical care from a physician
- An overall assessment of medical and behavioral health needs
- Individualized treatment plans
- Daily assessment and care by a behavioral health professional
- Medication management
- 24-hour nursing services
- Recreational, occupational and physical therapy
- Lab and imaging services
- Individual, group and family therapy
- Discharge planning, including coordination of follow-up care and assistance with alternate living arrangements (if necessary)
- Coordination of follow-up care
- Assistance with other issues, including guardianship, power of attorney and/or advance directives
What We Treat
Conditions that we can help manage include:
- Severe depression
- Suicidal or homicidal thoughts
- Social withdrawal
- Increased forgetfulness or confusion
- Loss of interest in personal hygiene
- Insomnia and change in sleeping patterns
- Crying spells
- Delusions and/or hallucinations
- Aggressive or combative behaviors
- Behaviors that could cause potential harm to self or others (that are not typically characteristic of that person)
- Refusal to take medications
- Recurrent thoughts of dying
Admission for Care
Admissions are accepted 24 hours a day, and anyone may refer a potential patient for care, including family members, friends, physicians, psychologists and other mental health professionals, social workers, social service agencies and hospital emergency departments. Self-referrals are also accepted. Spring View Behavioral Health is contracted with Medicare and most other payers.
We believe that family involvement enhances care, and we encourage family members to participate in the program as much as possible. Throughout the treatment plan, our social worker will contact you as needed; and we will work closely with you to create a discharge plan that includes the most appropriate living arrangements for your loved one.